Would you like to take part in making high quality, compact and complete (HW and FW) RF modules for an international market? Are you passionate about IoT and do you like to be hands-on in the Embedded field?
Welcome to Radiocrafts and the position of Embedded Firmware Developer
Radiocrafts - Who are we?
Radiocrafts was founded in 2003 by Peder Martin Evjen and Hallvard Moholdt, two radio designers with experience ranging from Kongsberg Defence Communications (NFT-Ericsson at the time) creating military radios, to chip and systems design in Chipcon, that today is the Low Power Wireless R&D center of chipmaker Texas Instruments.
The Vision of the two founders, “Making embedded wireless easy to use”, remains the core of what Radiocrafts is all about. The founders took the name Radiocrafts to show that creating good reliable radios is in many ways a craftsmanship where a technical understanding is important, but it is also important to have the competence that comes by long working experience in the crafts and arts of wireless.
Radiocrafts modules are based on standardized HW platforms with silicon from leading suppliers. We add firmware to make the module a user-friendly device supporting a wide range of wireless technologies. We have the ability to provide customization of hardware and firmware to adapt to the customer use cases, and we support customers in the antenna design. We engage in turn-key designs with our partnership customers.
We manufacture our modules in a world-class EMS, and the complete process from material sourcing to final test and packaging is done under our strict quality control optimized for high volume production.
Radiocrafts is a partner in TI’s Third-Party Program, an active contributor in the standardization of Wireless M-Bus (CEN and OMS), and a member of Wize Alliance, Mioty Alliance and the KNX Association.
Good times at Radiocrafts
2021 was a very good year for us in Radiocrafts and we shipped more than 3 400 000 modules. We reached an all time high order book of 25 million NOK and we expect huge future growth based on mega-trends in the market. This is mainly down to our passionate staff and the unique technology we are offering:
- Wireless Industrial IoT, Smart City
- Smart Metering, Smart Grid •Streetlights (adaptive and off-grid/solar powered)
- EV charger controls •Solar trackers and grid-tied inverter
Due to increased workload and internal restructuring, we are now looking to hire another highly competent Firmware Developer. Your overall contributions will be for new product families such as RIIM (Radiocrafts Industrial IP Mesh), RIIoT (Radiocrafts Industrial IoT), Wireless M-Bus and Mioty.
You will be working with wireless communication protocols on state-of-the-art RF and microprocessor platforms. The programming language is C, using RTOS or bare-metal, mainly on ARM processor architectures.
The products are based on a new low power SOC (System on Chip with state-of-the art microcontroller and radio technology) using an agile development process with continuous integration and automated test.
In addition to these primary responsibilities, you will be an important member of the firmware development team and take part in the development of new working processes as well as helping to define new products and choose firmware implementation strategies.
You will be working with customers and IoT applications related to Smart Metering, Smart City and Smart Industry, increasing safety, security, and efficiency, monitoring and reducing energy use, and protection of the environment. Our products are in center of the IoT revolution.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Development of radio protocols for RF modules in the 169 – 2450 MHz range.
- Wireless communication protocols based on IEEE 802.15.4 for Industrial IoT.
- State-of-the-art SoC (System on Chip) with ARM processors.
- Embedded microcontroller system programming, RTOS, C-programming, Linux.
- Development of custom specific products and application specific solutions.
- Effective Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) workflow.
Who are we looking for?
- Relevant experience in wireless communication protocol development.
- Master/bachelor’s degree in relevant studies.
- A passion for microcontroller programming (16/32 bit) and wireless communication.
- Knowledge and experience with C, RTOS, Linux, IP communication, Cloud solutions, scripting (Python).
- Familiar with integrated development environments for embedded firmware development, GIT repository and bug-tracking tools, automated CI/CD.
- Good communication and teamwork skills.
- Excellent time management skills and attention to detail and quality.
- Result oriented, customer focused and service minded.
What can we offer you?
- An exciting job working with highly qualified and motivated colleagues with a passion for wireless.
- Becoming a member of a small but active and creative team in international competition.
- Interesting and challenging development projects carrying out state-of-the art design.
- Working in a dynamic industry, implementing technologies for the future.
Other positives include:
- We are small enough to ensure you will make a significant impact.
- We are established enough to have a healthy bottom line.
- There is a great need for the product both now and in the future.
- We are the only Norwegian company doing what we do.
- Relaxed and somewhat geeky atmosphere.
- 1-minute walk from the tram, 20 seconds from the bus and 5 min from the T-bane.
- Significant growth plans.
- 95% export which shows we can fight / deliver among the “big dogs” internationally.
- We run the business based on everyone having their say.
- Varied product portfolio.
- We set high expectations of both staff and products.
We would like to make this process as smooth and easy for you as possible. Ultimately, it is our job to ensure that you get a good insight into the company as possible. You can apply via the apply button, but if you would like further information prior to applying, then please get in touch with our IoT recruitment team and Jonas Haneborg in AvantGarde Search. Jonas will happily send you a full prospect with much more information about the company and the position. firstname.lastname@example.org