Data Gumbo is a technology company that provides GumboNet™ — a massively interconnected industrial smart contract network secured and powered by blockchain.
With integrated real-time capabilities that automate and execute smart contracts, GumboNet reduces contract leakage, frees up working capital, enables real-time cash and financial management and delivers provenance with unprecedented speed, accuracy, visibility and transparency.
Data Gumbo also provides GumboNet™ ESG, the automated and accurate sustainability measurement solution that ties a company’s operational data to environmental, social and governance (ESG) standards reporting for industrial supply chains.
We are a fast-growing company looking to fill several positions on our Commercial Team in Stavanger.
· Do you believe it is possible to change the way the world does business?
· Do you want to play a pivotal role in the world’s top industrial smart contract network being adopted by new industries?
Look no further – this could be your next great career move! We are looking to fill key a position on our team: Business Analyst
About the Company
Data Gumbo was founded by serial entrepreneur and energy industry executive Andrew Bruce in 2016. The company started out as a data platform that connected to, collected, and standardized operational data to enable machine learning, AI and condition-based maintenance systems. The company transitioned to utilizing blockchain after spotting an opportunity to eliminate a sizable cost inefficiency between an oil supermajor and one of its suppliers.
Today, Data Gumbo is an award-winning technology company with customers around the world. We are a growing and passionate team focused on serving the industrial markets of oil & gas, construction, mining, and manufacturing, among others as we continue to scale. The company has offices in Houston, Texas; Stavanger, Norway; and London, UK, with plans for further global expansion.
We were recognized as the Disruptive Innovator in the Forbes Energy Awards 2020 and named to CB Insights Blockchain 50, among other accolades. For more information, visit www.datagumbo.com or follow us on LinkedIn,Twitter and Facebook.
About the Stavanger office
The Data Gumbo Stavanger team works from our offices at Innovation Dock – a hub for tech companies with high ambitions.
We are a small but growing team that is pioneering B2B smart contracts powered and secured by blockchain. Notably, we have received equity funding from Equinor Technology Ventures, the venture subsidiary of Equinor, Norway’s leading energy operator.
Now the time is right to scale our team in Stavanger, and we’re looking for the best and brightest of Business Analysts to come and join us.
What´s in it for you?
We are offering the opportunity to build and represent game-changing B2B technology as the company continues its momentum into additional industries. We work with some of the largest international and most recognized operators in the world, and our technology is here to stay.
As a fast-growing scale-up, we offer a market salary as well as a stock-option program as compensation.
You will also have the opportunity to occasionally travel to Houston, TX to work with your colleagues across the pond.
The groundwork is laid for Data Gumbo to change the way the industrial world does business; now we must continue to scale the company and retain our position as the global leader in smart contracts powered and secured by blockchain. This is a chance to be a part of this adventure!
About the position – Business Analyst
As part of Data Gumbo’s Product Management Team, you will work directly with our customers, partners, and employees in a dynamic and innovative environment that is transforming how companies work together in the Oil & Gas sector (and other sectors in the future).
You will work with a team of experts to transform customers’ contractual relationships from paper-based to automated, digital processes.
The Business Analyst serves as the key interface between the development team and customers, both internal and external.
Business Analysts are responsible for refining customer wants and needs into functional requirements.
Based on their knowledge of the product, the customers, and the market, the Business Analyst helps the Product team define and prioritize the Product Road Map.
This position is customer-facing and will expose the Business Analyst to all facets of the company.
The ideal candidate will possess and/or demonstrate the following:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in a technical discipline, ideally in computer science, natural sciences, mathematics, engineering.
- Organization and communication skills must be at a high level.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in both verbal and written English.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and logical reasoning skills.
- A track record of following through on commitments.
- 4 years of professional experience.
- 2 years+ experience in project management, business analysis, product ownership, consultative sales or other relevant experience in the enterprise software development world
- 1+ Year of direct experience in the Order To Cash (OTC) process in any capacity
- Basic SQL query skills
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
A highly qualified candidate will also have:
- Experience in Agile/iterative software development teams
- Upstream Oil and Gas Experience at:
-A Drilling Contractor
- Other Oilfield Services Companies
- Project management training certifications such as PMI PMP or Prince2
About the Procss
Together we are building a robust, innovative, and exciting company with vast opportunities for both the personal and career growth of our employees. Now is the time to take the leap to Data Gumbo!
Do our words inspire you? Please let our recruiting partner Ingunn Søyland at AvantGarde Search know. Press the “Søk her” button and reach out to her.
Can´t wait to hear from you!