A unique opportunity to build and scale an ambitious marine-tech company where you will contribute to making traditional industry sustainable. Do you want to be a part of a company that has a startup feel after almost 20 years in the market?
Welcome to Miros – real-time ocean data on any device
Miros is a technology company that specializes in measuring the ocean surface. Our company provides sensors and systems for environmental monitoring to the global offshore and maritime industry. Our portfolio of sensors provides accurate, real-time data for weather-sensitive operations offshore, as well as offering input to asset integrity systems and coastal monitoring. The primary applications of Miros sensors include wave and current monitoring and oil spill detection. Miros takes great pride in making this traditional industry sustainable.
We are now looking for a talented and motivated Application Engineer to join our team in Asker, could this be you?
We are looking for an Application Engineer to strengthen our team and help us to grow. You will work closely with our customers and ensure that our product meets high quality standards. You will contribute to testing, insights, and feedback to all our departments.
· Obtain and maintain a deep understanding of the product and be a superuser of the systems.
· Participate in testing of systems before delivery to the customer.
· Provide installation, commissioning, and training to customers through digital channels and at site. International and offshore travel can be expected.
· Maintain and monitor knowledge base and support ticket system.
· Provide feedback to the development team and sales team.
· Provide support to customers remotely and on site if required.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer of Miros.
Why do we believe this is a unique opportunity?
Miros is a disruptive force within the environmental monitoring niche, working as a driver for digital transformation across a range of energy and infrastructural markets. As an Application Engineer, you will be able to make an impact on our environmental deliveries, state-of-the-art sensors, and solutions to support some of the leading offshore vessel companies globally on their digitalization journey. You will have a great opportunity to make an impact to the success of Miros.
Miros is offering the opportunity to work with state-of-the-art hardware and software products as part of a fast-growing, high-tech company in Asker. Along with a competitive salary, we provide flexible working hours and an environment with both challenging and fun job duties.
We believe that this industry and our climate need our expertise to continue to contribute to making it as sustainable as possible.
Other key positives:
· Work across creative and technology-focused competencies.
· Be part of a dynamic, international team operating across the globe.
· Enjoy a range of social activities both through Miros and our parent company, Aircontact Group.
· Miros has been measuring the ocean surface for more than 35 years yet maintains a start-up mindset and agile approach.
· Opportunity to grow and learn
· Miros’ innovative, disruptive technology contributes to a number of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
· Miros sensors are used in research projects worldwide, and our novel solutions for measuring ocean surface currents and wave parameters have even been given the seal of approval by some of the world’s most respected scientific agencies.
Who are we looking for?
First and foremost, you will have experience with electronics. If you also have experience from marine/vessel or offshore and you now wish to have a shore-based position, this would be the perfect step for you. Some knowledge of Hardware would also be an advantage.
If you have a customer-oriented attitude and enjoy working across borders and disciplines and you are flexible and self-driven then this position could be for you. You are also focused on high quality and have a structured approach to planning and problem-solving. We envisage you to be agile, forward-thinking, and able to identify and implement technical solutions. You also have an outgoing attitude and like to socialize. This position will also require some travel to our customers.
Furthermore, from your background:
· Master or Bachelor within technical or subjects (electronics and IT is most relevant)
· Work experience within relevant subjects
· Hands-on experience with technology (projects, products, and tools)
· Strong written and oral communications, team-working and interpersonal skills
· Enjoy talking about technology trends and explaining technical concepts to a range of audiences.
Our recruitment partner, AvantGarde Search, is well acquainted with Miros and our values, having already recruited team members for us at management, commercial, and technical levels. To apply, please submit your CV via the apply here button. Alternatively, please feel free to get in touch with, Jonas Haneborg in AvantGarde Search who will happily send you a full prospect with a lot more information.