Would you like to join a dynamic startup with documented AI algorithms that needs a tech star to enable international growth? This is your shot!
DoMore Diagnostics is on a mission to transform cancer diagnostics with artificial intelligence to improve patient care and make drug development more effective.
Who are we and what do we do?
Advanced AI technology is set for a breakthrough in medicine, and several megatrends are pushing for AI solutions in cancer diagnostics. Based on 5 years of top international research, backed by top Norwegian tech investors we are ready to commercialize AI algorithms for detecting and providing a prognosis for patients with cancer.
We were established to meet the need for novel methods in precision medicine to ensure the right treatment for each cancer patient and avoid overtreatment and undertreatment. The DoMore! Algorithm is built to predict poor vs. good prognosis in several cancer types. Colorectal cancer is our furthest developed algorithm and has been published in The Lancet, one of the most prestigious medical journals in the world.
Today our team consist of 2 people, as well as the Board and our investors. The key researchers behind the algorithms at Institute for Cancer Genetics and Informatics at Oslo University Hospital and Oxford University in the UK are shareholders in DoMore Diagnostics and are very supportive of our company.
We are now establishing the core team at DoMore Diagnostics, and we are looking for you who are keen on setting the direction, executing the technology strategy, and expanding our tech team.
The CTO role
The CTO will play a central role in shaping the future of DoMore Diagnostics together with the board, the CEO, and the rest of the management team. You will be responsible for the overall technology strategy, IT architecture, product development, system integration and building a technical department in DoMore Diagnostics. In the initial phase you will interact and work closely with the research team at Oslo University Hospital - the original developers of the machine learning algorithm.
Your main focus the first two years will be to develop the IT infrastructure and software solutions to make the algorithms widely available in the US and Europe. The first algorithm is fully developed and ready to be commercialized. After successful launch of the existing algorithms, we will prepare for the next phase of developing algorithms in DoMore Diagnostics. This is the opportunity to come in early and play a central role in an important innovation.
Furthermore, and importantly, the job involves hands-on coding, as well as taking the strategic view of how to build the architecture and systems that can bridge the algorithms with the hospitals. Ultimately, you will engage with customers and partners to integrate the DoMore’s algorithm and systems with their IT systems and enable a successful global commercialization.
Your key responsibilities
- Craft the overall technology strategy for the company
- Design and develop an IT architecture and technical solutions that integrates the developed AI algorithms into existing IT systems in relevant countries and with potential partners
- Establish a secure IT infrastructure so the day-to-day analysis can be performed seamlessly, easily scaled and comply with relevant data security, GDPR and quality requirements
- Write comprehensible code that can be expanded and improved as the company and team grows
- Conduct QA and product testing
- Lead evaluation, selection and negotiations with subcontractors
- Support regulatory approval processes
- Establish and lead a small team of developers
- Work with third-party solutions via APIs
- Deployment in cloud solutions, set up and maintain cloud platform infrastructure (desktop if cloud solution is not possible)
Technologies being used
Today we deploy C++ and Python. The licensed software consists of core algorithms implemented as C++ libraries and the current GUI application is built in C++ using Qt. No architecture apart from these are in place yet – as such, you will basically be starting from scratch.
What can we offer?
By joining DoMore Diagnostics, you will be part of an ambitious and dynamic startup on an important mission to improve cancer care. We are a startup with an exclusive license on valuable products and a strong financial backing. With this, you get to be part of an exciting and rewarding journey and shape the future of a great company rooted on top international research.
You get the opportunity to come in early and shape and execute a strategy ensuring international growth and an opportunity to grow your career with us as we grow our company. Lastly, we can offer an attractive compensation package including significant stock options to take part of the future value creation
Who are you?
DoMore Diagnostics is a newly established startup, and we are looking for someone who is triggered by the opportunity to go all the way from making a strategy, building the architecture, leading the implementation, delivering the product and of course, building and leading an engineering team.
We are looking for you who are a result-oriented, self-propelling, high performing technologist with experience in developing and scaling secure software solutions, you who are ready for a new venture with substantial value creation potential. You who are a doer with core competency in designing and programming scalable technical solutions who are triggered by the opportunity to build a successful business with significant impact on cancer patients’ lives.
Most importantly, you know how to write high quality code from the ground up in short time, that you can develop specifications and write comprehensible code, and that you know how to create systems that are structured, logical, and scalable.
You do not need to have a background within med/health tech, and you do not need direct experience with machine learning and AI. While machine learning knowledge is nice to have, this position is rather an opportunity for a strong software developer to get into machine learning.
- Master's degree in ICT, data science, technology or similar
- Strong and current coding background is a must, including C++ and Python
- Ability to assess various technologies, languages and tools and judge which is best for the job at hand
- Strong architectural skills, good familiarity with cloud computing and experience with microservices
- Strong at designing and implementing robust APIs, as well as integrating with 3rd party APIs
- UI-experience and bridging back-end solutions into other existing software is great
- Fluent in English, oral and written
- Know the art of “speaking” tech with people who doesn’t understand tech
What comes next?
If you would like further information prior to deciding whether this is of interest, then please get in touch with our recruitment partner, Lotte Gjørsvik, at AvantGarde Search. She will happily send you a full prospectus with more information about DoMore Diagnostics, the algorithm, our plans for tomorrow and the position.
You could also apply straight away, and we will get in touch with you. At this point, we only require a copy of your resumé or a link to your LinkedIn profile.
We look forward to meeting you!