Exciting opportunity for Application Engineer to work with deep tech in Oslo, Norway. Fancy making a move?
Would it be inspiring to join our journey of bringing the next generation of microphone technology to the market? Are you adventurous and ready to move to a new country? Do you thrive when given the opportunity to travel with work, meet customers, and be part of a deep tech environment? And last, but not least; do you thrive when being the technical interface between products, solutions, and customers?
Welcome to sensiBel!
sensiBel is a Norwegian deep-tech company developing the next generation MEMS microphone. We have great offices located in Oslo, Norway, and our neatly developed microphone is based on a patented optical readout technology. Our technology enables professional grad performance in a small package. Our ambition is to disrupt the market and enable new and improved user experiences in a wide range of applications. It all comes down to the fundamentals in the audio signal processing chain – the microphone.
We believe in professional grade audio for everyone. Welcome to the microphone reinvented!
The position of Application Engineer
It is an exciting time to join sensiBel on our journey to bring the next generation microphone technology to the market. We look for you who are willing to move to Norway and at the same time spend 20% travelling with work. You will be part of a highly skilled, committed, and motivated team that embraces challenging tasks every day. As a full-time application engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers dedicated to their success making products with the sensiBel microphone. You will be a key contributor to our success and have fun along the way.
We would like to think the key motivators for you is the opportunity to move to Norway and be part of bringing the next generation microphone technology to the market. You will be part of shaping our company and its strategy as we grow. You will be an integral part of sensiBel to ensure customer success.
Other things we would like to highlight
- Collaboration with big global companies
- Work-environment that never bores
- Great growth opportunities, in both position and the company
- Competitive salary and share ownership to company
- Five weeks annual paid vacation
- Insurance and pension plan
- Flexible work hours
- Family friendly policies
Key responsibilities and tasks
- Responsible for the technical interface to customers, including design-in activities, schematics, layout review, and acoustic product integration considerations
- On-site testing if required, and day-to-day customer support
- Create customer facing documentation (the user’s guide, application notes) for easy integration of the microphone in customer’ applications
- Develop application examples showcasing the system advantages of the high-performance microphone
- Create videos and blog posts, and attend tradeshows
- Responsible for evaluation kits, tools, and associated documentation
The person we are looking for
- M.Sc. in electrical engineering or similar
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with semiconductors or embedded sensors
- Experience and/or passion for audio a plus
- Strong dedication to customer success, enjoy solving issues, and focus on helping customers get to production
- Proven track-record helping solve customer problems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to produce high quality technical documentation
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Other languages a plus
- Experience in multi-cultural customer support
Oslo, what is it like?
It is pretty awesome living here in Norway, and especially in Oslo. We have sea and mountains around us, which means skiing in the winter and spending time at the beach, or in a boat in the summer. People are friendly, speak fluent English and many people also speak German, French, or Spanish. We have a great international culture here and most technology companies have employees from all around the world, making Oslo a perfect hub to work with tech, but also keeping a great work-life balance.
The next step
Hopefully, you have been inspired to apply for this position and you can do so directly via the "apply for this job"-button. If you would like more information prior to applying, simply contact our recruitment partner in AvantGarde Search, Stine Beckholt (email@example.com). She will happily have a conversation with you and can send you more details and information about both the position and about sensiBel.