Our client, Arundo, is a software company based in Oslo, Norway; Houston, TX; and Palo Alto, CA, with presence in 7 locations in Europe and the Americas. Their software enables advanced analytics, machine learning, and IoT applications for more efficient, safer, and more effective physical systems in heavy industries such as energy, chemicals, and shipping. Founded in 2015, Arundo currently consists of around 100 software engineers, data scientists, designers, and industrial domain experts.
Their team members are passionate about being part of a company that can solve tough problems and create innovative solutions. They believe in a fun environment, where their people can be fearless and feel empowered to always do the right thing. Arundites come from many different backgrounds including academia, industry, and even a submarine! We look for smart, creative thinkers with a player-coach mindset who can wear multiple hats and contribute to the company`s exciting future!
Arundo are now looking for software developers to join their world-class engineering team to work with developing the industry leading products to new and even more exciting levels.
As a developer in Arundo you’ll work with all the latest bleeding edge technologies including just some of the following
- Edge Computing
- Cloud Computing
- Machine Learning
- Block Chain
At Arundo they provide Analytics platforms for asset heavy industries. Allowing companies to stream live data from the edge, deploy machine learning models onto that data to run automatically and to push models back to the edge in cases that’s needed. This is just the tip of the iceberg of what they do and we encourage you to reach out and learn more about the exciting domain.
- This is a challenging software development position that requires knowledge of microservices, different programming languages, and complex software patterns.
- Work on a highly driven team of developers, engineers, devops and QA to build world-class software
- Exploring new open source solutions and software patterns to further enable rapid software development for Arundo products
- Innovate and build new product with world-class data scientists
- Get the opportunity to work and deliver to industry leaders
- Work in an agile framework with peers performing peer reviews, pair programing, and other good software practices
- Challenge the current processes to improve how software is delivered to clients
- Solve fun and interesting problems
You have minimum 5 years experience developing, shipping, and supporting cloud based solutions using an agile process . You are a domain modelling practitioner who is able to explain complexity at both the high and low level. You are passionate about DevOps principles and how they can be applied to support your team. You are a practitioner of quality first development practices including pair programming, test driven development, and unit/integration testing. And finally; You are motivated by tackling hard engineering challenges and approaches a challenge in a systematic way
Desired Additional Experience & Skills
- Knowledge around SQL, NoSQL, and Graph databases and how to apply them a plus
- General understanding of how machine learning can be applied to systems a plus
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes or another containerization and orchestration tool sets a plus
- Technical knowledge of cloud providers and their offerings: Azure, AWS, or GCP a plus
What can Arundo offer?
- A values driven company with an inclusive and autonomous culture
- Highly talented and dedicated colleagues
- Collaborative environment with our offices in the US and EMEA
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technology
- Fun environment - we take fun seriously and have appointed a VP of Fun
- Regular team building activities
- Several social clubs of own choice (Data Science Club, Running Club, Females@Arundo)
- Collaboration with Stanford/StartX and MIT/STEX25
- Newly refurbished office downtown Oslo, close to the castle
- Free snacks in the office
- Competitive salary and participation in the employee stock option program
- Pension plan, medical services membership, travel insurance
For an informal and 100% confidential chat, please feel free to get in touch with our Chief Talent Sourcer, Erik Falk Hansen on email@example.com or +47 40 43 54 93. Alternatively feel free to apply via the apply button (only CV or LI profile needed)